PTC Windchill PDM Essentials: Easy to deploy, easy to configure, easy to use. Sure. But what does that mean really?
If you’ve ever purchased a product before based on its “easy-to-deploy” and “easy-to-use” claims, you might have found out that their “easy” isn’t always the same as your “easy.” In fact, you might have learned the hard way to make sure you see it before you buy it.
We understand. Especially when it comes to PDM systems. Historically, this major enterprise software was as large and layered as the companies that tended to deploy it. Enterprise PDM systems did a great job of organizing big product data, like CAD models, associated documents, and established company processes. But it generally required extensive help to deploy, customization to reflect company processes, placing PDM out of reach for smaller leaner teams.
It’s all different now with PTC Windchill PDM Essentials. We created this tool specifically for small- and medium-sized businesses that need the data management sophistication of their larger counterparts, but without the historical complications. In other words, we made it easy to deploy and easy to use.
Here, we’ll show you. In this 8-minute demo video for PTC Windchill PDM Essentials, your guide will walk you through the installation, configuration, and business processes of the software. You’ll see:
- What the screens look like.
- The steps for installation, including the Microsoft SQL database.
- How users are added.
- How CAD data is added and retrieved.
- How to figure out where a part or subassembly is used.
- How to ensure files aren’t overwritten.
- How those without CAD systems can still use the graphical data.
- How to manage documents in PTC Windchill PDM Essentials while working in Microsoft Office applications.
- How data is approved and moved from stage to stage of development.
Whether you’re just starting to think about PDM for your business or have been waiting a long time for the right sized system to come along, watch this video demonstration. Let us show you exactly what we mean when we say it’s “easy to deploy” and “easy to use.”
Also, make sure you visit the PTC Windchill PDM Essentials web page for more information.